Deea's Writer Corner

My photo
Literary agent. Promoter. Huge fan.

July 7, 2012

We've got our first Book Analysis!

I REPEAT: WE’VE GOT OUR FIRST BOOK ANALYSIS!

It all started some days back, when a company called Allwrite Advertising & Publishing (who’s a Facebook friend of ours), launched a Following Contest on the above-mentioned social network, on YouTube and on Twitter, the winner being promised a free book analysis. They’re from Atlanta, Georgia, and have a pretty impressive portfolio in the publishing business.

So, like the panther I am, I jumped my accounts within seconds and finished the contest first!

Then, I let All Writers know I participated and they congratulated me for being the winner. Sent the book (with my heart pumping in my chest) to them and we got back the results in no time!

So things look like this

On a scale from 1 (which is very bad I guess) to 5 (very good) CRUX was rated as follows:


<>  <> <>  <>
Commonly confused words

4.6

Parts of speech

4.9

Fluency

3.5

Clear writing

4.0

Consistent writing

4.4

Concise writing

3.5

Writing process

3.0

Composition

4.1

Interest and appeal

4.0

Style

4.0

I’d say EXCELLENT considering this is a first novel written by an author who doesn’t have English as native language (but who owns in nonetheless: D).  

Next in line, All Writers offered us a very affordable fee for stepping to the second stage of the process, the book review. I wrote them telling that we agree and now we’re just waiting for their feed-back regarding the money transaction (seeing that Andrei is currently in Tampa Bay, Florida)

As I said, I’m so proud of him and the book, you’d think I was the one who wrote it!

Hope to come back soon with even more good news!

PS. I'd like to thank a very special friend named Oly Saldinger, the drummer of Raizing Hell Band, (Bucharest, Romania), who offered me some moments of his time to calculate the means for every sub-chapter analyze and to give me back the overall results. He did that because I was too tired and busy to calculate, but mostly because he’s a great, great pal!

No comments:

Post a Comment